Interactive Glass Bead Game

For the purpose of discussing next steps and Force Academy 2020 (FA2020).
Setanaoko
Interactive Glass Bead Game

Post by Setanaoko » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm sure all of you know by now that we are exploring things that will help our website be more useful to our community. One of the most unique things that Force Academy has is Aspect Related games. For the Dark Aspect, it's "The Glass Bead".

A quick outline of what this is:

Whereas the other 2 games (JS & SBS) can be done with more than one person, GB is done with at least one other person. This one gets more complicated...in that the glass beads can go wherever you want them to, as long as they connect. So it can be simple, or very complicated.

The SBS and JS start out with very basic words. But the GB could begin with something a bit more complex. And a singular GB could grow into a lengthy description of how it relates to another bead. The game doesn't necessarily have an end either. It ends when it ends.

If you have ideas on software that could help bring this to an "FA Game Room", please let us know below.

Setanaoko

Re: Interactive Glass Bead Game

Post by Setanaoko » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 pm

I think I've figured out the terminology I've been looking for: Non-Linear Presentation Software. What I was proposing, we could do with Prezi (but it looks like they've upgraded it to a paid system, and I don't even know whether or not it would interface with the site). Satelle if you happen to know of any software that is exactly like the Prezi system (Prezi.com if you need to look around it), that's what I'm putting on the wishlist for this. :). I'll keep looking though.