Clarification of Policy on Hate Speech

For the purpose of making broad announcements. If you are new here, start by browsing the posts in this forum, it may answer some of your questions.
Satelle
Discord:Pathogen
Clarification of Policy on Hate Speech

Post by Satelle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 pm

I wanted to call everyone's attention to specific parts and bits of our Terms of Service and the Enforcement policy:

Under Section Six of the TOS:
"You agree that you will not use the Site to post, transmit, or share User Content that is obscene, defamatory, or invasive of the privacy of another person, graphically violent, physically threatening, intended for any illegal purpose, or otherwise inappropriate on a site intended for a general audience."
Under Section Eight of the TOS (specific lines):
"If content you have submitted is not published or is removed, please review these TOS and understand that the value of the Force Academy website is, to a large extent, based on providing an experience that is enlightening, welcoming, and pleasant for the people who use the Site."
Under the "Three Strikes" section of the Enforcement Policy (found in #fa-policy of the Discord):
"Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
• Discriminatory comments toward an individual or group
• Offensive or incendiary content or "jokes" that would not be appropriate in a work environment. (e.g., Not Safe For Work (NSFW))"
Under the "One and Done" section of the Enforcement Policy (specific lines):
"These One and Done behaviors include, but are not limited to:
• Direct threats of violence
• Aggressive or abusive behavior towards an individual or group
• Derogatory comments or "jokes" toward an individual or group based on ethnic origin, sexual identification, disability, national origin, or religious belief
• Publishing, circulating, or displaying content that is derogatory toward an individual or group based on ethnic origin, sexual identification, disability, national origin, or religious belief"
These refer, in part, to shitposting hate speech. I want to make it very clear here that hate speech will not be tolerated, no matter what form it may try to take.

It is not being a Sith.
It is not being a Dark Jedi.
It is not being ironic.
It is not just joking.
It is not debating.
It is not LOL.
It is not being edgy.
It is not stirring up a discussion.
It is not political.
It is not anti-PC.
It is not free speech.

It is hate based on fear. Across all the Aspects represented here, we teach self-knowledge. Basing the self on fear is against what makes a Jedi of any hue. Views and feelings based on fear control you. It is not power, it's weakness of the basest kind.

If anyone reading this clarification finds themselves thinking "but I'm just joking" or "but I'm just bringing up an alternate point of view" or "but omg my free speech"... STOP. Check your headspace. Really examine what you are thinking and why.

Content anywhere on this site and our related services that violate the above will be swiftly subject to our Enforcement Policy, and I will remove you from this environment and report you to your ISP. The Force Academy is not a platform for this bullshit.
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home

Raven

Re: Clarification of Policy on Hate Speech

Post by Raven » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:20 pm

100%
--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.