Welcome back FA!

For the purpose of introducing and welcoming.
EldritchOmen
Welcome back FA!

Post by EldritchOmen » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi everyone!

I first came to the Force Academy around the time that Phantom Menace released (I was probably 13ish) and fell in love with the ideas presented but as a kid was never able to commit to anything.

I distinctly remember having conversations in a very old chat room with people like (if I remember correctly) Lady Satelle and definitely Richard Irvine that changed my life and probably have directed my steps in ways I don’t even realize. I think of the old articles about the sheep and the fisherman on a weekly basis.

I’m so excited that it seems like it’s coming back now that I am an adult. Can’t wait to see how it goes!

Zephyrus
Discord:Zephyrus

Re: Welcome back FA!

Post by Zephyrus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi!

How long have you been away?!! Amazing! Welcome back.
DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE

EldritchOmen

Post by EldritchOmen » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 pm

I was a regular visitor for a good while, then slowly stopped coming as much as I moved into my actual teens and started high school and everything.

I’ve come back here and there every few years but it seemed mostly unrecognizable to me so I would just shrug and accept that and move on.

Lately I’ve been really craving this exact thing and there are plenty of similar types of sites but the good ones don’t seem to offer a dark aspect and the places that specialize in dark aspect seem like...well, crazy people frankly.

To find that FA seems to be gearing up to get serious again right when it’s something I’ve been searching for a replacement to all these years later is really something.

Zephyrus
Discord:Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 am

I’ll tell you what I find funny, and this not meant to be an insult, I promise. But, we have always been serious. At least, underneath the façade of the drama. And, with the recent regime change in the DA, I anticipate the dragon being at rest for the foreseeable future.

When I arrived at the FA, in my current form, in 2012, I was sucked in by the surface level exploration. Now, six years later, we have evolved into something almost completely new. Yet, like the snake shedding it’s skin, the evolution still maintains the core essence of what came before.

I am happy you are here, brother (I’m assuming, correct me if I’m wrong). Join us in the Discord chat for live time conversation.
DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE

EldritchOmen

Post by EldritchOmen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 am

Getting serious was the wrong term. And ironically, in an hour of reading stuff here I have found multiple links to websites that are dark aspect focused and are not run by maniacs. I’ve been missing out!

That’s life! Regardless, the time is right for me now and so here I am!

Simon

Post by Simon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 am

Good to have you back!
Simon | Light Aspect
"When that which persists breaks away, a foolish man might notice a change, but the wise man sees not the difference."

Satelle
Discord:Pathogen

Post by Satelle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Great to have you back, Eldritch. Your opinions on the new DA would be valuable moving forward, especially if you've been out of the general Force Site loop for a while. That fresh perspective is a good thing. Don't hesitate to ask or message me on Discord if you need help or have questions.
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home