Purpose of Site - Old Post from Raft Era

For the purpose of making broad announcements. If you are new here, start by browsing the posts in this forum, it may answer some of your questions.
Satelle
Discord:Pathogen
Purpose of Site - Old Post from Raft Era

Post by Satelle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:35 pm

The TL;DR of the site is this:

This is a temporary "raft" site where people planning the next form of the Force Academy can meet on a stable and non-broken place. The aim of this is:

1. To determine who within the three original Aspects is on board with building the FA back up. This seems vital, given recent activity levels, and the number of people who have formed their own sites. Anything beyond Yet Another Discussion Board takes work and cannot be done by only a couple people. And frankly, I am not going to contribute more money to this if no one is left to actually help.

2. To determine what functionality we want. Is the FA only a discussion board? Board + wiki? Nice landing page with some room to grow? This takes some small amount of website planning. Kira's design that she did has my vote and she is on board to help design.

3. Content. Will need people to write minimal new content for the new site. This does not amount to whole training plans, but it needs to be more than "I will post stuff on the boards and call it a Force Academy."

All told, yes we want people to register here and join this discussion, but this is not the final form and should not be treated as such. The rest of the plan is posted here, it's worth reading through and commenting on.
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home