Site: What Do You Want the FA To Be?

For the purpose of discussing next steps and Force Academy 2020 (FA2020).
Satelle
Discord:Pathogen
Site: What Do You Want the FA To Be?

Post by Satelle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 am

Other question, what do you want Force Academy Next Generation to be?

[*] Just a discussion forum?
[*] Forum, wiki?
[*] Community that includes other sites?
[*] Teaching support?
[*] Chat?

Again, if you took the survey, you'll know what I'm asking here. We have those results, but what are your thoughts for here?
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home

Kira

Re: Site: What Do You Want the FA To Be?

Post by Kira » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:11 pm

As I mentioned to you, I had a grand vision for FA when I started redesigning pages. Basically, I watched that idea happen for the Order, which is why I went there. It consists of a forum, chat, teaching boards, multimedia/podcasts, and a dedication towards genuine development measured through reviewed standards.

Such ideas cannot be forced onto the other aspects obviously, but I had hoped to cultivate fertile ground for that kind of growth.
Kira ✦ Dark Knight
“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.” ― Anaïs Nin

Luciana

Post by Luciana » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:00 pm

I personally want to see the restoration of the FA.

I want three distinct Aspects, led and pushed by people who care about them.

I want to see cross-Aspect discussion, people challenging each other's philosophies and making them think about them.

I want to see people come to the site and be able to get a clear idea of the differences between the Dark and Light and Shadows, as well as the similarities.

I would like to see training resume across all three Aspects, and the Wiki maintained as "additional training material" to support "current training material" but kept in its rightful place as history.

To be perfectly frank: The Light Aspect and Dark Aspect are extraordinarily weak right now. I would like to see people step up from those Aspects and start acting like they actually live the Paths they profess to walk, and actually produce and share original content.

--

At the moment my community does not need the support of the FA so I would not use the FA for that reason. I would like to be here as a representative of my community, but in a more "ambassador to the Sith" role than anything else. I think the Dark Aspect was over-run by the Sith and we must restrain ourselves at this point and allow a new generation of Dark Jedi/ Krath/ etc to step up to the wheel.

(even though I so badly want to take this thing over because damnit I could make it beautiful - the Order 2.0 - no Luciana stop yourself)

I actually have a whole plan to re-make the Dark Aspect, and I lie in bed some nights planning it like a war campaign, going over the details, checking for holes in the plot... so exciting. I can't help myself.

There's a reason we call the Sith an "infection" haha. But in this instance I fear we killed the host... and must behave. For once. So I will gladly support the resurrection of the Dark Aspect and act in an advisory position. But I will not be taking it over.

Satelle

Post by Satelle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 pm

The question of everyone who plays a major role in some other site is an interesting question, and would be a cool Venn diagram if I mapped it out. In the end, people will make their decisions about their own work.

However, as one of the quasi-sites, this is what I think:

1. FO can be the DA (a la 2nd Dynasty resurgence) or it can be a sister site of the FA and others. I expect anyone who finds use in the program to sign up and do it, and it really doesn't matter what site or not they come from. So a Venn diagram with the FO does not have a lot of overlap with other sides except in value-add education.
2. We all have only so much time, and it's perfectly reasonable for people to make their own decisions about what is worth giving such and such time to. Splitting that is simply that: splitting. Less will go to both. Be realistic on the time you want to spend on the FA, vis a vis other efforts.
3. FA as a town square model serves to direct people to the interpretation that suits them the best, and if that vision holds, it is not competition with other sites.

Speaking for the Krath, there is more to the Dark Aspect than the Sith, so I don't see them as an infection or The Answer either, any more than I see Armonia's founders as being an infection or The Answer for the Light Aspect. Plus, I wasn't here.
Lady Satelle
New Dark Aspect Home

Luciana

Post by Luciana » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:24 pm

Satelle wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 pm
Speaking for the Krath, there is more to the Dark Aspect than the Sith, so I don't see them as an infection or The Answer either, any more than I see Armonia's founders as being an infection or The Answer for the Light Aspect. Plus, I wasn't here.
Eh, I was being tongue-in-cheek; the whole point of my post was that I am looking forward to seeing someone else provide the DA with some content.

So - I look forward to seeing what the Krath decide to put on the table.

Satelle

Post by Satelle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:49 pm

Heh! :) Yeah, I agree with what you said. It's good to see your passion.
Lady Satelle
New Dark Aspect Home

Setanaoko

Post by Setanaoko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Note on the Wiki: I want a new skin XD Can I get a new skin? One that doesn't look so ugly? :lol:

Satelle

Post by Satelle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 pm

Kira'd know! But I hope so. :) Some consistent pretty across everything would be neat.
Lady Satelle
New Dark Aspect Home