Force Academy 2020 Project

For the purpose of discussing next steps and Force Academy 2020 (FA2020).
Raziel
Discord:Raziel
Re: Force Academy 2020 Project

Post by Raziel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Moodle is a very nice site. We use it at work too. It would be nice to have all the aspects teach from there. Though I think we might need to consider a name change. Dark Jedi Citadel wouldn't really fit if all the aspects teach from it
Lord Raziel
Member of the Dark Council
Shadow Adept

Satelle
Discord:Pathogen

Post by Satelle » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:36 pm

Yep, we can do that. The main landing page and orientation to how to use it, and then separate themed sites for the aspects and whomever.
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home

Satelle

Post by Satelle » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:00 am

Another point about Moodle, for the Aspect heads, if you want to have a Discord voice or video meetup about it, I can probably better explain it. There are a lot of options for complete control over courses and categories with custom groups and theming, it's just a little hard to type all that out. Let me know if folks are interested in that, though there's no rush.
Lady Satelle
New Dark Aspect Home

Tai-Baas Tehkun
Discord:TheDoctor

Post by Tai-Baas Tehkun » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:28 pm

A section for SIG's definitely would be a fantastic idea.
Addressing how to establish what said groups qualify though would need to be established to avoid clutter.
~The Doctor

Satelle

Post by Satelle » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Agreed. I think if we do the SIG idea (don't see why we couldn't) then we could establish some basic qualifications so we don't have fifty SIGs with only one point of difference between them, that sort of thing. Whatever form this becomes, I want it to be able to handle such groups.
Lady Satelle
New Dark Aspect Home

Raziel
Discord:Raziel

Post by Raziel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am

Satelle wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:50 pm
Agreed. I think if we do the SIG idea (don't see why we couldn't) then we could establish some basic qualifications so we don't have fifty SIGs with only one point of difference between them, that sort of thing. Whatever form this becomes, I want it to be able to handle such groups.
Well a joomla site has the group feature. Idk if that's exactly what we want to use, but it is an option.
Lord Raziel
Member of the Dark Council
Shadow Adept

Satelle

Post by Satelle » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:48 am

Cognus wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am
Well a joomla site has the group feature. Idk if that's exactly what we want to use, but it is an option.
Yuppers!
Lady Satelle
New Dark Aspect Home

Manu

Post by Manu » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Cognus wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am
Satelle wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:50 pm
TotJO uses Kunena for Joomla, and has the features you mention (robust profile module, community FB-like wall, SIG wall, photo and video sharing). However, I am unfamiliar with the complexity of Joomla setup.
“Enlightenment is a destructive process.” -Adyashanti”

Satelle

Post by Satelle » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:53 pm

Aye, Joomla is top of my list so far as being able to do most of what people have suggested so far. It also integrates with Moodle, which is what we use for the courses. Joomla is complex, but not impossible. Takes keeping patched for sure, like everything else. :)
Lady Satelle
New Dark Aspect Home

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:09 pm

I actually considered buying the domain when I saw the site go down, then throwing up the very oldest site, and a few jokes and a forum just for laughs. I obviously didn't though. Currently an IT student doing web development. Looks neat :)