Interactive Shadow Be Shadow

For the purpose of discussing next steps and Force Academy 2020 (FA2020).
Setanaoko
Interactive Shadow Be Shadow

Post by Setanaoko » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm

I'm sure all of you know by now that we are exploring things that will help our website be more useful to our community. One of the most unique things that Force Academy has is Aspect Related games. For the Shadow Aspect, it's the "Shadow be Shadow".

A quick outline of what this is:

A picture diagram with a light shining down upon an object which casts a shadow upon a table.
You write a concept to form the light, and then concepts to the object, shadow and on the table where the light illuminates.
Finally you put prospective into it.

At current, the Shadows use a Dropbox template to play.

If you have ideas on software that could help bring this to an "FA Game Room", please let us know below.

Raven

Re: Interactive Shadow Be Shadow

Post by Raven » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:42 pm

SBS is more like the glass bead game. or was designed based upon the glass bead game. It doesn't necessarily have a end. It can be a stand alone board (one board to build a personal perspective from, almost a mirror of self), a sequence of boards (people playing a previous word/idea in the shadow and building it on), a word theme (i.e. "Jedi" placed in different positions and then explored.) Part of the beauty of the game is that it's more of an infinite project rather than a finite one.

also, the board doesn't stand alone, it is accompanied by the explanation of the pieces chosen. Without that addition the board has less meaning. Much like a play with the glass bead game, except one person configures how all other pieces work with each other on one board. A story is created through each boards interaction and the next play. When Pelar and I played once, I found that his board and ideas around it played into my next board.

The board that's currently an example in the shadow training is still in play if anyone wished to add a board.

best of luck gamifying it. Perhaps Pelar has ideas of how he might like it gamified. It is his baby after all. 8-)
--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens.

--Carl Jung

Satelle
Discord:Pathogen

Re: Interactive Shadow Be Shadow

Post by Satelle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Yeah, any technical implementation of this and the GBG would need to have the feature of adding text or multimedia to each "play". If this is similar to GBG, then I'll ponder them both together and keep you and Pelar in the loop on testing so you can note any differences.
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home