Greetings

For the purpose of introducing and welcoming.
Manami
Discord:Manami
Greetings

Post by Manami » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:32 pm

I'm Manami; I've been active in various forums and Discords for just a little over a year or so now...still getting to know the community and the different personalities of the group to see where I fit in. I've been on my path for many years now - started training as a healer's apprentice in my teens, spent 10 years in a ceremonial magick order, then about a decade now training in Taoist internal arts/Neija. I'm solo now after all that time in heavily bonded communities that worked together almost daily, so finding others online who are deeply devoted to their training has really been keeping me going.

My interest in the real-life Jedi community has mainly been in finding a community where training and development is pursued without being too tangled up in historical problems or ideologies. Star Wars captured my imagination in early childhood, and extensive comparative religion training has taught me that the philosophy behind it is as real as any other cultural expression of life...and this one is straight out of my culture. :D As far as aspects go, the Taoist influence makes balance and responsiveness to the complexity of life very important to me, and my previous traditions have stressed that dark and light work together in the natural way (which is my model for everything). I look forward to getting to know folks here and learning more about how the Force Academy approaches the work. (I also joined the Discord, but don't have permissions yet.)

Good training to all, whatever your path!

Raziel
Discord:Raziel

Re: Greetings

Post by Raziel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:22 pm

Welcome Manami. Glad you decided to join us. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up anytime, here or discord. Also, from the way you described your path, I would suggest checking out the Shadows. Raven is an excellent teacher and I'm sure would be happy to have you. Though, don't let me decide for you, check out all the aspects here and see which one resonates with you the most. Have fun and May the Force serve you well.
Lord Raziel
Member of the Dark Council
Shadow Adept

Satelle
Discord:Pathogen

Post by Satelle » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Hello and welcome!
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home

Raven

Post by Raven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Welcome to the FA, Manami. Have fun looking around. Your background and interests would definitely be a wonderful addition to our community.
--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens.

--Carl Jung

Manami

Post by Manami » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:44 am

Thanks for the welcome, all!

Manami

Post by Manami » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:28 am

Cognus wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:22 pm
Also, from the way you described your path, I would suggest checking out the Shadows.
And thank you for the recommendation, Cognus! It does feel very home-y from what I've read so far! :)

Manami

Post by Manami » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:33 am

Raven wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Have fun looking around. Your background and interests would definitely be a wonderful addition to our community.
Thank you, Raven! It's really great to see the focus on movement...I'm looking forward to learning more with you all.