Greetings

For the purpose of introducing and welcoming.
Eugene
Greetings

Post by Eugene » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi. I'm looking for some insight; friends usually call me "Cristoff", "of Christ", but feel I'm not so good at His works. I originally arrived at ToTJO, as I loved the old Star Wars and the Jedi, serving the common good. I read through there and felt the place was off. Trisskar recommended her site for Jedi study, which I've read through some, but also said for greater feedback here might be good. I've read a large bunch of the wiki, and wanted to explore a bit further here. I'm looking to hopefully have some share thoughts on service, meditation, quiet reflection? I'm particularly interested in the Shadow Aspect, as it seems to do this well.

Raven

Re: Greetings

Post by Raven » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Welcome to the FA. What specific insight are you looking for regarding service, meditation, quiet reflection? How do you see the Shadows and the FA in general helping you in your journey?
--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens.

--Carl Jung

Satelle
Discord:Pathogen

Post by Satelle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:07 am

Welcome!
Lady Satelle
Leader of the Dark Jedi at the Force Academy
New Dark Aspect Home

Eugene

Post by Eugene » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Thank you all for the welcome

Master Raven, in terms of service, I must admit to not knowing myself; for now I think I’ll explore generall and get deeper as I go. In terms of Meditation and quiet reflection I’d like to take some time to look at myself. I have struggled with a variety of addiction, am lax spiritually, and am still struggling professionally. The most successful part of my life is my marriage to my wife, whom I have been with for years.

I like how shadows look within at themselves and take responsibility for everything that they find and are. I’ve been looking at some of the stuffin the forums and am reall excited cause I htink some of these toolss are great. I guess the shadows forums are the place to start? Is there a place to post some of my own reflections?

Raven

Post by Raven » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:31 pm

We have a chat room where you can look at these things in real time. You can also create a journal in the Shadow discussion forum (or in the public journal forum) if you like. Feel free to contribute or start threads in any forum you have access to.

There is also a private forum for private journals and discussion for Shadow students. To join Shadow training we require that a person be an active member (active being the important word here) of the FA for 30 days at least. There are two main reasons for this:
1) so we can get to know each other and decide if the path will work for you
2) to see if the new FA member is going to stick around so that they can actually do the work.

If you join the FA chat I will add you to the Shadow chatroom so that you can explore the shadows more. If chat isn't your thing post around the boards and we will keep and eye out for you.

Happy self exploration.
--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens.

--Carl Jung

Night Fire
Discord:NightFire

Post by Night Fire » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 am

Welcome to FA. Don't ever downplay the success of your marriage, especially when half of all people fail at it. I say congratulations to you on that regardless of how anything else has turned out. I look forward to seeing you grow,and finding your true self.
A spark of radiating light in a land of darkness...... I am Night Fire.